Thursday 26 February 2009

Beanz Meanz......

Many years ago I used to watch Blue Peter and every once in a while they'd have a charity drive that usual consisted of collecting something such as stamps, tin cans, milk bottle tops, deceased rodents..... the usual stuff. I participated as enthusiastically as any other viewer and I'm proud/embarrassed to say that I am a genuine Blue Peter badge holder and I even have a photo of me with John Noakes to prove it (and the badge... somewhere).

Anyway, it's bean been pointed out to me that tomorrow there is something planned in line with their latest cause, Mission Nutrition, in the shape of a "beans on toast fundraising event" in Edwards Close, Worcester Park. There are two times listed, 9am and 1pm so if you're interested in helping raise money for Blue Peter's cause then there's more info here. Not sure how much it's going to help the air quality in Worcester Park though but do let me know if you end up going along....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont anybody light a match

The Brinkster said...

[sniff] Was that you?

Worcester Park said...

I've been taking shelter in the Low Emissions Zone.

Is it safe to emerge?